Tomahawk Forum

Full Version: plugin that allows lyrics?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ANyway to add a lyrics plugin been using nightingale for a little while and now moving to this but miss the lyric support they have a plug in system like you and have soundclound etc but also have something called Mlyric
(11-12-2014, 05:25 PM)drugsbunny Wrote: [ -> ]ANyway to add a lyrics plugin been using nightingale for a little while and now moving to this but miss the lyric support they have a plug in system like you and have soundclound etc but also have something called Mlyric

We actually support lyrics plugins (technically), but so far we're simply lacking a legal source with a good API. I'll check out Mlyrics, haven't heard of them before!
Thanks hope you can cook something up for us Smile
How about something with genius.com?
Do they have a public API for lyrics? Would certainly be interesting.
What's the status on this? This is only thing keeping me from using Tomahawk.

It looks like there is a node.js library for communication with genius.com lyrics api: https://github.com/kenshiro-o/RapGenius-JS

Maybe I would give a shot implementing it, but I have never contributed to Tomahawk so I would need some guidance probably.
no progress?